Pumpkin Coconut Curry Soup
With Canadian Thanksgiving just around the corner (October 8, 2012), we’ve been busy chopping, baking, steaming, pureeing, and experimenting with one of our favorite fall fruits: pumpkin.
We’ve been working on a new cookbook, Easy Pumpkin Recipes: Easy Recipes from Scratch, to be released next week. It features over 40 easy pumpkin recipes from scratch. There’s more to pumpkin than just pumpkin pie!
Here is a delicious easy pumpkin curry soup recipe from scratch to kick off pumpkin season:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1/2 tsp shredded ginger root
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1-14 oz can coconut milk
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt, or more to taste
- Put a large saucepan over medium heat. Add butter and melt. Place the garlic, onion , and ginger root in the pot, and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Pour in the chicken stock, coconut milk, and pumpkin puree. Stir in the curry powder and salt.
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 20 minutes. Taste to adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Garnish with a tsp of coconut milk, medium-shredded coconut, and parsley or dill.
Trackback from your site.