Pina Kale-Ada Smoothie
Do like Pina Kale-Adas? And getting caught in the rain?
Yes! Yes, I do! With all the rain we’ve been having lately, I could use a Pina Colada on a nice, sunny beach! But since it’s noon and I’ve been sitting at my desk for three hours straight already (tsk tsk!), I’m going to do the next best thing: Blend up a Pina Kale-ada and dance to Rupert Holmes in my kitchen.
With a couple servings of vegetables and protein and a bit of exercise, I’ll be set up for a productive afternoon. This recipe makes three cups, which is enough for two people. Personally, I drink the whole thing!
Here’s the song if you’d like to escape with me:
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 5 large kale leaves, trimmed from stem
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 3 tbsp dried coconut
- 1 medium-sized orange, such as a tangelo
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp hemp seed (for extra protein and energy; optional)
- 1 handful of ice
- Place the ingredients in a heavy-duty blender (such as a Vitamix) in the order they are listed. Blend until smooth. (If you don't have a powerful blender, blend the fruit and water first. Gradually add the kale leaves until well blended. Add more water if too thick. Add the cashews, coconut, optional hemp seeds, and ice last. Blend until smooth.)
This smoothie will give you so much energy you will not be able to stop yourself from dancing. Go with it. Escape! (This will help: http://youtu.be/DaOXWJKsX-U)
Do you ever make Kale smoothies? What’s your favorite? Share with us in the comments below!
Trackback from your site.