Easy Homemade Granola Recipe from Scratch
Homemade granola is quick and easy to make, and much less expensive than buying it off the shelf. Most importantly, it’s a lot healthier because you know exactly what’s in it.
This recipe calls for coconut oil or olive oil–a healthier alternative to butter. Use whatever nuts, seeds, and dried fruit you already have in your kitchen cupboards. As long as you keep the ratio of wet to dry the same as is listed here, it is sure to turn out!
Watch us make it here in a video.
A simple homemade granola recipe for a healthy breakfast. Vary the dried fruits, nuts, sweetener, spices, and oil for an unlimited take on this breakfast classic. Easy to make for adults and kids alike.
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups mixed nuts, chopped if necessary
- 1 cup dried fruit, chopped if necessary
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place the wet ingredients (the oil, sweetener, and vanilla) in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat until liquified. (If all of your wet ingredients are in liquid form, you can skip this step and just mix them in a small mixing bowl.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry. Stir until well-coated.
- Pour onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Stir every 5 minutes.
- Remove from the cookie sheet and let cool in a mixing bowl. (The granola will continue to cook on the cookie sheet, so remove it immediately to prevent further browning.)
- Store in an air-tight container.
Trackback from your site.