Apricot Cashew Slices (Sugar-Free)
Perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up! Apricots and dates give these tasty slices enough sweetness and flavor that no one will suspect they are sugar-free. I added hemp seeds to give an energy boost, but you can substitute sesame seeds or chopped sunflower seeds if that’s what you have on hand.
Apricot Cashew Slices are quite soft when assembled, so they are best stored in the refrigerator or freezer. Minutes before serving, remove from the freezer, let warm up a bit, and slice.
Serve these with a cup of tea and good conversation.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup dried apricot
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded coarse coconut
- Place the cashews in the food processor and chop fine. Remove from the processor and set aside.
- Place the dates and dried apricots into the food processor and pulse until well chopped. Add cashews and hemp seeds. Pulse again.
- In a small bowl, mix the flax meal and water. Pour into the food processor and pulse until it forms a sticky ball.
- Prepare a large piece of plastic wrap. Sprinkle with half the shredded coconut.
- Pick up the apricot cashew mixture with your hands place it on top of the coconut. Press it flat into a sheet. Sprinkle with the remaining coconut. Roll it up in the plastic wrap jelly-roll style. Freeze until hardened.
- Cut into bite-sized slices.
Trackback from your site.